Tic Tac Toe is a game played by two players and it has been around for thousands of years! In Roman times, it was known as Terni Lapilli, in Great Britain it’s called Noughts and Crosses.
The object of the Game is to insert your pegs into the Board and to try and line up three of your pegs in a row, either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
The Peg Tic Tac Toe Board Insert is supplied with a bag of 10 pegs included.
How to Play the Game:
Two players each choose a peg color, and then take turns inserting their pegs into the holes on the Peg Tic Tac Toe Board. The player who succeeds in placing three of their pegs in a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal row wins the game.
Therapy: Playing the game can assist in fine motor tasks and motor learning, such as pinching and grasping. It can also stimulate cognitive thinking.
Other benefits include:
- Increase in strategic skills
- Increase in decision making skills
- Increase in hand dexterity and function
Other Uses for the Console, based on suggestions from Contributors:
- Craft – Weaving: Tie a ribbon, or yarn, to one peg, and then weave the ribbon through the other pegs
- Craft – Art: Draw a picture, showing runner bands stretched around pegs; then place pegs in the Board Insert, as shown in the picture that has been drawn, add stretch rubber bands around the pegs as shown in the picture
- Craft – Bow Tying: Using ribbon, tie bows around various pegs
- Color recognition: Place pegs in Board one by one for color recognition